Hours of Operation: 7am – 3:30pm (including 1/2hr for lunch), or until the completion of the job. Overtime will be required at times.
- Great communication skills.
- Upholds the highest level of respect for all daily encounters, on or off work.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Drug free and able to pass a random drug test.
- Desire to learn and fully understand HVAC practices.
- Ability to make and interpret measurements using a tape measure and other related tools.
- Willingness to invest in the necessary tools to perform related tasks.
- Willingness to invest time in necessary training to advance your skillset.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Comply to safety guidelines – Safely work at heights from a ladder, safely operate power tools, proper lifting procedures, etc.
Working Conditions: Varying uncontrolled environments are to be expected. An example of an uncontrolled environment includes attics, crawlspaces, construction sites, roadways, customer residence, etc. An uncontrolled condition will likely be accompanied by inherent safety concerns such as, but not limited too; extreme temperatures, undesirable weather, confined spaces, disagreeable building materials, etc. Such conditions will require all employees to posses a full range of body motion (crawling, kneeling, standing, lifting, balancing, dancing, etc.). All employees will need to be able to properly lift 100lbs solely, and much more as a team. TN Bowes Heating and Cooling will provide a safe controlled environment while at the office/shop/warehouse.
Key Performance Indicator (KPI): A key performance indicator (KPI) is a proficiency and/or competency objective outlined in each job description. Some KPIs may be gained by simple on the job training, as where others may require education on specified product, industry knowledge, or trade compliance. An employee’s willingness and ambition to obtain the desired KPIs for advancement is a self-directive, it is not the responsibility of TN Bowes Heating and Cooling. That said, TN Bowes Heating and Cooling will help facilitate such employee sought training.
A residential replacement lead will be responsible for the installation of new equipment in place of existing without any supervision. This is a fast-paced occupation that places you in the homes of customers, but one that builds employee value that becomes irreplaceable.
KPI- In addition to the previously outlined indicators
- All KPI listed in previous roles
- Communication Skills and personal presentation to the customer
- Problem Solving
Skill Competencies required for advancement
- Obtain Unrestricted Maryland Journeyman’s license
- Extensive understanding of low voltage control wiring
- Zoning, relays, communication, wiring integrations, mini-split accessories
- Advanced control configuration
- Duel Fuel, Variable capacity, blower speed, Wi-Fi, Z-wave, etc.
- Oil Furnace venting, piping, priming, combustion analysis, set up
- Hydronics- Boilers, Geo-thermal, water heaters
- Copper Pipe Soldering, threaded piping, HDPE butt fusion
- Setup proper operation- water flow, Temperature drop, pipe & pump sizing
- Complete Aeroseal installation including report
- Ability to size ducting to maintain adequate volume at necessary static.
- Complete understanding of refrigeration cycle; cooling, heating, defrost
- Commercial equipment familiarity
- Set roof top units and curb adapters
- Duct Balancing