Hours of Operation: 7am – 3:30pm (including 1/2hr for lunch), or until the completion of the job. Overtime will be required at times.
- Great communication skills.
- Upholds the highest level of respect for all daily encounters, on or off work.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Drug free and able to pass a random drug test.
- Desire to learn and fully understand HVAC practices.
- Ability to make and interpret measurements using a tape measure and other related tools.
- Willingness to invest in the necessary tools to perform related tasks.
- Willingness to invest time in necessary training to advance your skillset.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Comply to safety guidelines – Safely work at heights from a ladder, safely operate power tools, proper lifting procedures, etc.
Working Conditions: Varying uncontrolled environments are to be expected. An example of an uncontrolled environment includes attics, crawlspaces, construction sites, roadways, customer residence, etc. An uncontrolled condition will likely be accompanied by inherent safety concerns such as, but not limited too; extreme temperatures, undesirable weather, confined spaces, disagreeable building materials, etc. Such conditions will require all employees to posses a full range of body motion (crawling, kneeling, standing, lifting, balancing, dancing, etc.). All employees will need to be able to properly lift 100lbs solely, and much more as a team. TN Bowes Heating and Cooling will provide a safe controlled environment while at the office/shop/warehouse.
Key Performance Indicator (KPI): A key performance indicator (KPI) is a proficiency and/or competency objective outlined in each job description. Some KPIs may be gained by simple on the job training, as where others may require education on specified product, industry knowledge, or trade compliance. An employee’s willingness and ambition to obtain the desired KPIs for advancement is a self-directive, it is not the responsibility of TN Bowes Heating and Cooling. That said, TN Bowes Heating and Cooling will help facilitate such employee sought training.
Under the direct supervision of a team lead a helper will be required to assist any facet of the company with the installation or service of HVAC equipment and related components, to include ducting.
- Worksite cleanliness- truck included
- Tardiness and attendance
- Mastered Competencies
- Inventory accuracy
Skill Competencies required for advancement
- Seal and Insulate duct to jurisdictional code requirements
- Cut, install, and connect slip and drive duct connections
- Properly install, seal, and connect flexible ducting
- Secure ducting according to jurisdictional code requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Basic understanding of outdoor unit high voltage and low voltage wiring.
- Obtain Maryland HVAC Apprentice License
- Required Tools for advancement